Traditional Metal Braces
Ask Fusion Dental Orthodontics Waldorf if our services are right for youMake an Appointment
The three main parts of your braces are:
- Brackets — Brackets are attached to the teeth using a special glue that bonds them to the tooth surface and holds them in place.
- Archwire — The archwire is the thin metal wire that connects each bracket and puts pressure on the teeth to help guide them in place.
- Ligature Elastic (“rubber bands”) — Elastic, or colored ties, hold the archwires to the brackets so the wire can create movement.
Once placed on your teeth, braces place constant pressure on your teeth, and the force of the pressure helps move teeth into proper position. At each appointment, your orthodontist may tighten the archwires. In addition to braces, some patients may need to wear rubber bands or headgear.
Types of Braces
We offer traditional metal and clear ceramic braces. Your orthodontist will help decide which is best for you. Fusion Dental Orthodontics Waldorf provides braces for children and adults.
If you need braces, but want something a bit more subdued, you may want to go for stainless steel braces.
Stainless steel braces have many benefits including:
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Bacteria Resistant
- Strong, durable materials
Your dentist at Fusion Dental Orthodontics Waldorf can help you determine what type of braces and teeth straightening treatment is best for you. Call us at 301-798-9184 to schedule an appointment.